Sunday, September 5, 2010

Like it? Re-create it!

Loralai has had quite a few items of clothing so far that have had adorable appliques, and I just have not wanted to part with them. But leaving the items sitting in the closet collecting dust and taking up space did not seem appropriate either. So I decided to cut out the appliques and set them aside for a future scrapbooking or clothing project. Well last night there was a plain pink shirt screaming fancy me up, so that is exactly what I did! 


The bird applique was from a brown, mutli-coloured polka dot sleeper. I took a piece of bird fabric and made ruffles and placed the bird on top. Now as you can see the fabric is fraying but for this shirt I was going for that distressed/ perfectly imperfect look. My daughter loves it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design